SENIOR UI/VISUAL DESIGNER | ART DIRECTOR
WHERE I’VE WORKED AND WHAT I’VE DONE:
SENIOR UI/VISUAL DESIGNER @ REALTYTRAC, IRVINE, CA (12/10 – 6/12)
Lead user interface/visual designer responsible for all interactive products from discovery and concept to final look and feel. Information architecture and user flow advisor on our large-scale data analysis product. Branding and quality standards champion fighting for consistency and pixel-perfect presentation. Social media analyst tasked with strategy advisement to CEO and marketing team, which resulted in more Twitter/Facebook followers and increased levels of customer engagement and satisfaction. Refine creative based on usability testing. I fight for the user, while keeping in mind company objectives.
- Refreshed and modernized the brand identity while increasing conversion and other revenue-driving metrics
- New data analysis product doubled the revenue in the first month with very limited marketing
- Designed agent lead form that increased leads 178% within three days
- New Free Trial design saw a 10-12% lift in conversions and 100+% in instant subscribers
- New My Account design achieved a 22% lift ($12K/mo) in reactivations
- Refreshed email template and generated 16K in revenue on first mailing. It also achieved the highest number of conversions ever (11% as opposed to the usual 1%)
- Designed a rebate or money back guarantee offer that produced a 10% lift in conversions compared to the existing Free Trial experience
PRINCIPAL/CREATIVE DIRECTOR @ JASONOGLE.COM, IRVINE, CA (12/99 – PRESENT)
Consultant/digital artist for firms creating websites and other digital marketing communications for enterprise-level clientele. Additional services include website copywriting, plus design and production of identity and print collateral materials.
- Hired by the U.S. Navy to refresh and rebrand their intelligent and robust web application used by active servicemen/women for weapons assessment in warfare.
- Grand winner of the MySpace design contest for the Jimmy Eat World “Chase This Light” album promotion, which the band incorporated for over a year.
- Front-end development for artists such as Eminem, Maroon5, Yellowcard, Flyleaf and more.
LEAD CREATIVE DEVELOPER @ MYSPACE, BEVERLY HILLS, CA (10/07 – 8/09)
Responsibilities: Lead creative designer and developer of international and domestic brand communities for large advertisers. Member of product idea think tank with founder Tom Anderson and other management executives. Lead beta-tester in the creation and functionality of standard development tools.
- Designed and developed the MySpace marketing community for the Wolverine: Origins film using a CMS system that geo-targeted and localized content for five different countries.
- Designed and developed MySpace marketing community for the country of India (IndiHub), which resulted in an exponential increase of MySpace India’s user base.
- Developed marketing strategy for annual 20th Century Fox films slate, including the concept of MySpace Mail.
INTERACTIVE DESIGNER @ ATOMIC CURVE, IRVINE, CA (7/05 – 3/07)
Responsibilities: Interactive and traditional design, Flash animation, music composition, scripting for production of rich-media presentations. Also pre-press/production and IT troubleshooting.
Clients: IHOP, Irvine Company, First American Real Estate.
INTERACTIVE ART DIRECTOR @ O’LEARY & PARTNERS, NEWPORT BEACH, CA (12/99 – 3/01)
Responsibilities: Complete website design & implementation, strategic site assessment and competitive site analysis. Web development from creative and strategic planning stages through information architecture and digital design, including HTML/CSS programming. Also handled graphic design work for collateral materials.
- Sir Speedy website design & construction, resulting in significant online sales increase.
- Clothestime digital makeover, converting clicks to bricks with Flash.
- Autobytel.com banner ad campaign designed for brand-building and audience generation.
WHERE I’VE STUDIED:
California State University Fullerton – User Experience & Usability Certification
Learning Tree University – Graphic Design/Visual Communications Certification
WHAT I’M LIKE:
An eternally optimistic problem solver and excellence leader. Always learning and improving.